Wednesday, December 14, 2016

Kicking off that SEO experience!

Web analytics
Since I was in grade 9 at Zaman high school; that was in 2002, I was introduced to a blogging platform called Geocities which belonged to Yahoo. I made a blog and enjoyed posting lifestyle and the good moments that I had with friends. The internet was not lively back then. People chatted in mIRC, and later hi5.
Later in 2003, Zaman taught me HTML and I made a personal web site and used free FTP tool to page by page to a free web hosting platform and I remember that I used a free domain name from .tk. So, back then, my personal web site was http://vuthychour.tk. I was so proud of myself back then for being able to do so. However, I lost the web and I am not even sure how I lost it.
Academic years became such a storm and I quit blogging.
Only in July 2012, I had the gut to restart blogging with blogspot and because it is a free platform. As you can see, this vuthychour.com is hosted in blogspot :) Thus, I only had to modify the theme code to make it look better than a regular blogspot. It is free for the web hosting with limited function, and I bought this domain name for about $10 per year from Google apps. I love this blogspot platform actually besides it does not look like a professional web site.

Since I have this blog, I also started following Khmer bloggers including BlueladyblogKhmerbird, Khmer Enterprises, etc. I learned a lot them, but more about social. They are not money bloggers. Only by reading a post from Khmerbird that he made money from Adsense and that was approx $300 and I became very curious how he did that. I went on reading online materials and followed more bloggers like Problogger. From problogger, I found that there are many other ways to make money online beside Adsense.

For this vuthychour.com, I initially intended to make money through Adsense and blog whatever I wanted; however, from time to time, I made new services that I can provide and they all worked. I can tell you in short, not a detailed one that I have made more than $200 from this vuthychour.com and it was not from Adsense.

As I kept on reading online materials, I found a facebook group called Cambodia Internet Marketer where Cambodian SEO experts talk about how to rank their web sites in Google. For god sake, only by then that I realized that I have been taking SEO for granted. I have been blogging for ages, but I was not aware of SEO. What a shame! So, that is 2016 already!
From then on, I have joined many other facebook group to learn about white hat SEO and black hat SEO techniques, paid for courses, and even now I am still learning about these SEO things.
Starting from mid-November, I started a niche site ParentingPick.com where I will be hiring authors to produce content on parenting product reviews and advice on parenting. It is an affiliate web site where I will be earning commission from Amazon associate program. So, this will be where I can experience more about SEO and learning at the same time. I hope it is not too late for the new adventure!

9 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you again for all the knowledge you distribute,Good post. I was very interested in the article, it's quite inspiring I should admit. I like visiting you site since I always come across interesting articles like this one.Great Job, I greatly appreciate that.Do Keep sharing! Regards, website improve

    ReplyDelete
  3. The information you have posted is very useful. The sites you have referred was good. Thanks for sharing...
    www.dynamicmarketing.sg/seo-training-course-singapore/

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is imperative that we read blog post very carefully. I am already done it and find that this post is really amazing. godaddy hosting coupon

    ReplyDelete
  5. I Will Provide Seo Blog Comment Service. & niche relevant blog comment service we provide a quality service with 100% Buyer satisfaction and My team Believed in Quality work not Quantity Contact me Now 24/7.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Continuously make use of high-quality and effective keywords that is appropriate to your chosen subject matter. http://www.tgdaily.com/web/audience/does-website-design-affect-your-seo-rankings

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was so proud of myself back then for being able to do so. keyword research

    ReplyDelete
  8. This article gives the light in which we can observe the reality.
    2MARKETING SEO & WEB DESIGN TORONTO

    ReplyDelete
  9. MSNBot is a web crawler that was supplied by Microsoft to supply the search engine Bing. Therefore, make sure it can crawl through your website.High Trust Flow Backlinks

    ReplyDelete

 
Copyright © . Vuthy and His Ideologies - Posts · Comments
Theme Template by BTDesigner · Powered by Blogger

Follow my blog